First Try at Making a Custom Doll

For some reason, my Breyer Western rider doll will not sit on a horse.  Her legs are too stiff, and she does not sit in a Western saddle.  So I tried this tutorial I found on how to customize dolls’ arms and legs ( ).  I didn’t follow it exactly (cotton instead of gauze; electrical tape instead of medical tape), but it is at least an improvement in her riding (the right side of the bit came off in this photo).  

She needs better boots that she can bend her ankles in, but there seem to be no Western boot tutorials for dolls.  Next model horse goal: to make a realistic saddle without using leather.

Before (with lazy editing of photo background) & After (I like the way the hair net turned out).

Next model horse performance scene: This doll riding Kodi (who is the same mold as the other horse).



2013 Photo Editing

The photo upload date of this says July 28, 2013.  When I wanted to make a nice front page for this blog . . . but only had Paint as a photo editing option.  This is made of numerous photos cut out with the eraser tool and pasted together.  It was very hard to do.  There are no transparent backgrounds or layers, so the instant you de-select an object it becomes impossible to move.  Needless to say, it now looks very fake.  It was the front page of my blog for about 6 months.  This picture’s one redeeming factor is picture of Friendly, a Khaki Campbell duck on the right (a rare photo of her).


A Long Time Ago and Very Far Away

This is a picture of my hen Sweetie raising chicks in 2010, in the only photo of her that still exists.  It was June 2010, and the chicks were having fun playing outdoors.  Flighty (chick on the right) laid champion eggs for many years.  She was a Cuckoo Marans.  Strangely enough, the name of the Marans breed is spelled the same way, “Marans,” whether referring to one bird or many birds.